Our delegations to Colombia have helped free political prisoner and expose prison conditions and the role of the US Bureau of Prisons in their creation. In Honduras AfGJ delegations have stopped an illegal eviction of a peasant cooperative in Rigores, accompanied cooperatives under threat of violence in the Aguan Valley, and exposed fraud in the presidential election. AfGJ delegations to Nicaragua and Venezuela have exposed participants to successful poverty reduction and participatory democracy projects that have transformed those countries and would transform our own.
Nothing promotes peaceful relations more than getting to know the people and culture of another country. Nothing beats witnessing for ourselves the reality of another country to expose the lies of our government and corporate media. Nothing inspires us more to change our own country than to laugh and cry, eat and play, with people who pay the price for the corporate greed and violence created by the US Empire and our own consumerism.
To request a delegation application, or for more information, contact Delegations@AfGJ.org
- February 17-26 Honduras & Nicaragua: Compare & Contrast We’ll compare and contrast the two countries in the areas of community development, militarism/citizen security, social welfare and other topics. $1,000
- March 10-20 – Why is the US Building Prisons in Mexico? Delegation will start in Tucson, AZ and travel to Hermosillo, Sonora, Oaxaca, and Mexico City investigating the US export of its mass incarceration model to Mexico and beyond. We call it Prison Imperialism. $1400 (includes flights from Hermosillo to Oaxaca and Oaxaca to Mexico City.)
- April 2-12 – Venezuela in Crisis: How are the People Responding? With a focus on the Afro-Venezuelan community, judge for yourself the extent of the economic and political crisis, its causes and effects, and how people are responding. $1,100
- May 19-29 Honduras Through they Eyes of it’s Youth and LGBTQ Youthful activists of any age will get a lot out of this delegation to learn about post-coup Honduras in the voices of youth, student & the queer community, both of which are targeted by the repressive regime. $950
- July – Colombia & Venezuela: Compare & Contrast This unique delegation to the Colombian state of Guajira and the Venezuelan state of Zulia, both on the Caribbean, will enable us to talk to organizations and individuals who are far from their political capitals about the challenges and accomplishments in both countries. $1,400
- Aug 4-14 Paraguay: Land of Inequality and Food Security Little-known to US solidarity activists & Latin Americanists, Paraguay has the most unequal land distribution in the hemisphere and its agro-export model leaves little land to grow food for its own people. Learn with AfGJ about struggles by popular organizations for economic equality & food sovereignty. Price $1400
- Oct. 20-30 – Eco-Solidarity in the Andes: Peru and Bolivia Meet with environmentalists and workers confront Climate Change and extractive industries together. Melting glaciers and exploitive industries have created new collaborations between movements as we all fight for survival. $1,400
Price includes: hotels (double occupancy) food, in-country travel, translation, and program. It does not include international airfare. Email Delegations@afgj.org for applications or further information.
- Sept 29-Oct 5 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment: Stand with Peace in Colombia!
- May 22- June 1 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment in Support of Colombia’s Peace Process
- June 20-July 1 Nicaragua: Food and Sovereignty and Agroeology. Co Sponsored by AFGJ.
- June 27-July 6 Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment for Communities in Struggle
- April 8-17 Venezuela: A Revolution Worth Our Solidarity
- April 11-18, 2015: Cuba: Meet with Colombian Peace Negotiators in Havana, Cuba
- July 22-Aug 1, 2015: Bi-National Delegation: Honduras and Nicaragua
- December 3 – 13, 2014: Peru: Ecology and Climate Justice
- November 8 – 16, 2014: Honduras: Community-led Development vs. Top-down Development
- August 3 – 12, 2014: Nicaragua: Climate Change
- June 22 – July 1, 2014: Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment
- March 15 -25th, 2014: Nicaragua Indigenous Rights Delegation
- June 10 – 21st, 2013: Climate Change Delegation to Nicaragua.
- November 17 – 26th, 2013: Election Monitoring Delegation to Honduras
- March 22 – April 1, 2013: Delegation to Colombia, Hosted by the Marcha Patriótica, FENSUAGRO and Lazos de Dignidad