ABOUT FISCAL SPONSORSHIP
The Alliance for Global Justice is a tax-exempt non-profit under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. As such, donations to projects of the AFGJ are fully tax-deductible on the donor’s federal income tax. For an Administrative Fee of 7%, the Alliance for Global Justice offers fiscal sponsorship for grassroots non-profits which agree with our Vision and Mission Statements but do not have their own 501(c)(3) status, thus making donations to those projects tax-deductible to the donor as well.
The AfGJ Board must approve all fiscal sponsorship requests. To apply, contact Elane Spivak Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not provide fundraising assistance other than advice and we are not a grant making institution. We are a grassroots organization that raises money for its own core projects. We offer fiscal sponsorship services as a service to the progressive movement so that it might grow and gain more influence. We do not fiscally sponsor groups that participate in election campaigns or which endorse or oppose candidates for elected office. A limited amount of lobbying is permitted under section 501(c)(3). If your organization lobbies, we will need to coordinate so that we don’t go over the IRS lobbying limits.
- Completion of all federal tax forms
- Receive foundation grants
- IRS receipts for donations of $250+ (You handle the under $250s)
- Collection of credit card donations on our secure donations web page or a Individualized secure donate page (one-time fee of $100 for set up)
- In DC only, use of our sales tax exemption
- Payroll services (if needed)
- Group Health Insurance (if needed)
- Use of our liability insurance to cover conferences and one-time events
- Listing on our web page
- Processing donation checks
Fiscally Sponsored Projects