Our delegations to Colombia have helped free political prisoner and expose prison conditions and the role of the US Bureau of Prisons in their creation. In Honduras AfGJ delegations have stopped an illegal eviction of a peasant cooperative in Rigores, accompanied cooperatives under threat of violence in the Aguan Valley, and exposed fraud in the presidential election. AfGJ delegations to Nicaragua and Venezuela have exposed participants to successful poverty reduction and participatory democracy projects that have transformed those countries and would transform our own.
Nothing promotes peaceful relations more than getting to know the people and culture of another country. Nothing beats witnessing for ourselves the reality of another country to expose the lies of our government and corporate media. Nothing inspires us more to change our own country than to laugh and cry, eat and play, with people who pay the price for the corporate greed and violence created by the US Empire and our own consumerism.
To request a delegation application, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Rights Delegation to Honduras
April 8-15, 2018
Human Rights and Labor lawyer, Dan Kovalik, and Alliance for Globall Justice National Co-Coordinator, James Jordan, are leading a delegation to the Departments of Cauca, Valle de Cauca, and Nariño this May 19-29, 2018. This is the region most affected by political violence that threatens Colombia’s new peace. We will be present for the historic first presidential elections since implementation of accords ending 52 years of civil war. We will accompany voters and campaigns targeted by enemies of the peace. We will visit indigenous, AfroColombian, and farming villages in this beautiful region to learn about the struggles there, and to show our solidarity.To learn more, write email@example.com or call 202-540-8336, extension 3. Find out more…
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend time with Via Campesina peasant organizations from Central America and the Caribbean, ATC founders and special guests who will be at the ATC’s 40th anniversary celebration. Delegates are also invited to play an important role in building international solidarity through the creation of a declaration upon conclusion of the delegation to share with the broader solidarity community in the US and beyond.
Human Rights Delegation to Mexico
June 23 – July 3
Artists’ Delegation Nicaragua
This trip is designed for artists/cultural workers from the US and elsewhere to spend ten days in Nicaragua studying the culture of Nicaragua (visual arts, music, poetry, dance), making art, working with Nicaraguan artists, and creating/restoring a mural. It is based on the idea that the political revolution and the cultural revolution in Nicaragua are one and the same, particularly as manifested by el muralismo of the 80s and its continuation in contemporary Nicaragua.
- Aug 4-14, 2017: Paraguay: Land of Inequality and Food Security
- March 10-20, 2017: Why is the US Building Prisons in Mexico?
- February 17-26, 2017 Honduras & Nicaragua: Compare & Contrast
- Sept 29-Oct 5 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment: Stand with Peace in Colombia!
- May 22- June 1 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment in Support of Colombia’s Peace Process
- June 20-July 1 Nicaragua: Food and Sovereignty and Agroeology. Co Sponsored by AFGJ.
- June 27-July 6 Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment for Communities in Struggle
- April 8-17 Venezuela: A Revolution Worth Our Solidarity
- April 11-18, 2015: Cuba: Meet with Colombian Peace Negotiators in Havana, Cuba
- July 22-Aug 1, 2015: Bi-National Delegation: Honduras and Nicaragua
- December 3 – 13, 2014: Peru: Ecology and Climate Justice
- November 8 – 16, 2014: Honduras: Community-led Development vs. Top-down Development
- August 3 – 12, 2014: Nicaragua: Climate Change
- June 22 – July 1, 2014: Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment
- March 15 -25th, 2014: Nicaragua Indigenous Rights Delegation
- June 10 – 21st, 2013: Climate Change Delegation to Nicaragua.
- November 17 – 26th, 2013: Election Monitoring Delegation to Honduras
- March 22 – April 1, 2013: Delegation to Colombia, Hosted by the Marcha Patriótica, FENSUAGRO and Lazos de Dignidad