Our delegations to Colombia have helped free political prisoner and expose prison conditions and the role of the US Bureau of Prisons in their creation. In Honduras AfGJ delegations have stopped an illegal eviction of a peasant cooperative in Rigores, accompanied cooperatives under threat of violence in the Aguan Valley, and exposed fraud in the presidential election. AfGJ delegations to Nicaragua and Venezuela have exposed participants to successful poverty reduction and participatory democracy projects that have transformed those countries and would transform our own.
Nothing promotes peaceful relations more than getting to know the people and culture of another country. Nothing beats witnessing for ourselves the reality of another country to expose the lies of our government and corporate media. Nothing inspires us more to change our own country than to laugh and cry, eat and play, with people who pay the price for the corporate greed and violence created by the US Empire and our own consumerism.
To request a delegation application, or for more information, contact Delegations@AfGJ.org
Upcoming AFGJ Delegations
AFGJ has completed our delegations for 2017. Please email Delegations@afgj.org to be added to our announcement list for delegations in 2018 and beyond.
Delegations by Allied Organizations
Nicaragua Agrarian and Worker Struggle in Nicaragua– April 9-19, 2018
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend time with Via Campesina peasant organizations from Central America and the Caribbean, ATC founders and special guests who will be at the ATC’s 40th anniversary celebration. Delegates are also invited to play an important role in building international solidarity through the creation of a declaration upon conclusion of the delegation to share with the broader solidarity community in the US and beyond.
China: Pearl River Delta Region – Shenzhen, Dongguan, Hong Kong Labor, Globalization, Migrant Workers, with Celebrate New Year at Hong Kong!
December 26, 2017 – January 5, 2018. U.S. Activist Solidarity Delegation to China, organized by National Immigrant Solidarity Network and Action LA Network, will explore historic, cultural, social, political and economic aspects of China. Our goal is to help promote a deeper understanding and to realize the importance of U.S.-China relations to the US and the world.
- Aug 4-14, 2017: Paraguay: Land of Inequality and Food Security
- March 10-20, 2017: Why is the US Building Prisons in Mexico?
- February 17-26, 2017 Honduras & Nicaragua: Compare & Contrast
- Sept 29-Oct 5 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment: Stand with Peace in Colombia!
- May 22- June 1 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment in Support of Colombia’s Peace Process
- June 20-July 1 Nicaragua: Food and Sovereignty and Agroeology. Co Sponsored by AFGJ.
- June 27-July 6 Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment for Communities in Struggle
- April 8-17 Venezuela: A Revolution Worth Our Solidarity
- April 11-18, 2015: Cuba: Meet with Colombian Peace Negotiators in Havana, Cuba
- July 22-Aug 1, 2015: Bi-National Delegation: Honduras and Nicaragua
- December 3 – 13, 2014: Peru: Ecology and Climate Justice
- November 8 – 16, 2014: Honduras: Community-led Development vs. Top-down Development
- August 3 – 12, 2014: Nicaragua: Climate Change
- June 22 – July 1, 2014: Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment
- March 15 -25th, 2014: Nicaragua Indigenous Rights Delegation
- June 10 – 21st, 2013: Climate Change Delegation to Nicaragua.
- November 17 – 26th, 2013: Election Monitoring Delegation to Honduras
- March 22 – April 1, 2013: Delegation to Colombia, Hosted by the Marcha Patriótica, FENSUAGRO and Lazos de Dignidad