After two successful sessions, the AFGJ Online Activist School is seeking a qualified instructors to lead a third session. We will be hiring four instructors to develop and teach curriculum for our next set of five-week courses.
Instructors must have:
- An extensive knowledge on either organizing and activism or extensive knowledge of a particular topic or theme related to militarization or other forms of oppression.
- A creative idea for a course and substantial knowledge of that subject area through work or educational experience. (See list of potential course ideas.)
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new platforms. (Previous knowledge of Moodle is preferred, but not necessary.)
- The ability to meet deadlines for turning in an application, syllabus and biography. They must also be able to build and teach the course within the required time frame and offer at least one live-time interaction.
- The ability to produce a five-week syllabus that will increase the skills and topical understanding of activists in their course.
- The ability to facilitate online courses on a semi-regular basis and provide thoughtful feedback and punctual interaction with students.
- A willingness and ability to market their course to listserves and potential students outside of our existing marketing scope.
If you are interested in applying to teach a course for the five week session that begins April 13, please visit our website to read more and download an application. Send the application (this can be in the form of an email if you cannot edit the PDF) to Jamie Way at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: AFGJ COURSE APPLICATION
All applications to be reviewed for the April 13-May 18 session must be received by March 2.