The Workers’ Summit of the Americas is the summit of the excluded. It is a summit against capitalism and imperialism, again racism and white supremacy, it is the summit of those who shout loud enough! Enough of neoliberalism and misery. The peoples of the continent reject a conference that is designed to plunder them. We will have the opportunity to meet in person with people who have been leading the resistance to US sanctions in Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua.
The Workers’ Summit of the Americas in Tijuana is where we are going to denounce that hegemonic order that has subjugated us for more than 500 years and it is where we are going to proclaim our right to life with dignity and social justice.
The meeting of the Workers’ Summit of the Americas, in Tijuana, offers a space to unite with all the peoples of “Our America.” Counter the OAS Summit of the Americas organized by the United States Department of State, in Los Angeles. The countries of the continent besieged by the US (Venezuela, Nicaragua, Cuba…) will not participate in the OAS farce.
The Workers’ Summit gives us the opportunity to invite our fellow strugglers from North America who want to participate. Tijuana is a meeting place for progressive forces from the South and North at a time when the working class faces the most unprecedented challenges in the history of humanity.
The Workers’ Summit is an ideal opportunity to inform and discuss the effects of the unilateral coercive measures imposed by the US on Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua and now a third of the world’s population that is being strangled by US sanctions. The US Workers’ Summit will bring together US and Canadian leaders from the labor movement, social justice organizations and popular movements that oppose sanctions and any kind of US intervention.
Keynote speeches on Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua will include the Vice President of the Working Class of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela, Francisco Torrealba and the Ambassadors of Venezuela, Nicaragua, Cuba and Mexico. We will also have the person in charge of international affairs of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) Adán Chávez. We will have the Puerto Rican independence fighter Oscar Lopez Rivera, Ulises Guilarte de Nacimiento General Secretary of the Cuban Workers’ Union, Berthony Dupont director of Haiti Liberté, among many other speakers.
Initial Mexican Participation / Participación Mexicana Inicial:
Participation of the Mexican organizations that up to now endorse this activity: Movimiento Magisterial Popular Veracruzano, Coordinadora Nacional de Trabajadores de Educación, Movimento Social por la Tierra-MST, Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Educación (SNTE) de Baja California, Sindicato Independiente Nacional Democrático de Jornaleros Agrícolas (SINDJA), Partido del Trabajo de México y el Sindicato Mexicano de Electricistas,
Initial USA & Canadian grassroots organizations / Organizaciones de base iniciales de EE. UU. y Canadá:
Alliance for Global Justice, Task Force on the Americas, International Action Center, Chicago ALBA Solidarity, All-African People’s Revolutionary Party, United National AntiWar Coalition, Fire This Time Movement for Social Justice, Frente Hugo Chavez para la Defensa de los Pueblos- Canada, International Family and Friends of Mumia Abu Jamal, Committee to Stop FBI Repression, Samidoun NY/NJ , Sanctions Kill Coalition, Fuerza de la Revolucion, Anticonquista, International US-Cuba Normalization Conference Coalition, Union Del Barrio, Council on Hemispheric Affairs (COHA), Haiti Liberté, Haiti Solidarity Network, Corriente Revolucionaria Bolívar y Zamora ( CRBZ), 1199 SEIU, Unite Healthcare Workers, USW United Steel Workers Local 8751, Boston School Bus Driver
Initial Venezuelan Organizations:
Bolivarian Federation of Workers of the Transport, Allied and Related Sectors (FBTTT) Bolivarian Socialist Central of Workers of the City, Countryside and Fishing (CBST) National Federation of Public Sector Workers (FENTRASEP) Free Alex Saab Foundation, Fundalatin Foundation, Corriente Revolucionaria Bolívar y Zamora ( CRBZ)
- Denounce the Summit of the Americas, as an instance that seeks to exploit the countries of the South with neoliberal measures that respond to the corporate interests of North America (USA and Canada).
- Denounce the economic blockade policy against Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua.
- Denounce the kidnapping of diplomat Alex Saab by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Denounce the shameful border wall between Mexico and the U.S., which constitutes an anti-immigrant and racist policy of the U.S. against the peoples of the South.
- Denounce the necro-politics in which the U.S. government has embarked on the future of our planet.
- Establish direct relationships with advanced political actors within Mexican, American and Canadian society, who are fighting for a new world where the environment, nature and human beings are the priority.
- Twinning with trade union organizations in Mexico, the U.S. and Canada.
- Police brutality in the U.S.
- Regional integration (CELAC vs. UNASUR).
- The struggle of the Indigenous peoples of our America.
- NATO an embarrassment in our continent
- Sanctions Kills