Join us to witness, experience and learn about advances and autonomy on Nicaragua’s Caribbean Coast
Did you know Nicaragua has deeded 1/3 of its territory to Indigenous communities? Indigenous & Afro-Descendant communities form two self-governing autonomous regions where in just 15 years local and national projects have transformed life through mutlicultural and multilingual education at all levels, free inclusive healthcare and infrastructure. How has all this been accomplished is such a short time? Join us to explore Nicaragua and find out!
- Visit both north & south autonomous regions
- Visit Mayagna & Miskito Indigenous communities
- Visit Afro-Descendant Garífuna and Creole communities
- Visit with local government officials
- Meet with members of Parliament from the Caribbean Coast
- Explore programs in health, education & infrastructure
- Learn about Indigenous land rights
Where: Bilwi, Bonanza, Bluefields & Orinoco, Nicaragua
When: 20 Jan – 1 Feb 2024
Cost: $1,300 per person all-inclusive* brigade
To apply: Write to [email protected]
Application deadline: 15 November 2023
*Includes all in-country costs: meals, hotels, flights from Managua to the Coast and other transportation, translation and entrance fees. International airfare is separate.