Our delegations to Colombia have helped free political prisoner and expose prison conditions and the role of the US Bureau of Prisons in their creation. In Honduras AfGJ delegations have stopped an illegal eviction of a peasant cooperative in Rigores, accompanied cooperatives under threat of violence in the Aguan Valley, and exposed fraud in the presidential election. AfGJ delegations to Nicaragua and Venezuela have exposed participants to successful poverty reduction and participatory democracy projects that have transformed those countries and would transform our own.
Nothing promotes peaceful relations more than getting to know the people and culture of another country. Nothing beats witnessing for ourselves the reality of another country to expose the lies of our government and corporate media. Nothing inspires us more to change our own country than to laugh and cry, eat and play, with people who pay the price for the corporate greed and violence created by the US Empire and our own consumerism.
To request a delegation application, or for more information, contact email@example.com
Emergency Human Rights Delegation to Honduras!
Join us in responding to the urgent call for accompaniment in Honduras! This delegation will focus on the victims of political repression, and on the human rights activists and journalists defending the truth. We will meet with Honduran organizations and the people who are in the frontlines of the resistance. We will gather information and testimonies to hold US and Canadian officials accountable for their role in the human rights crisis increased in Honduras after the 2009 coup and for their support for Juan Orlando Hernández government.
After the fraudulent elections of 2017, in which Juan Orlando Hernández was illegally re-elected as president of Honduras, the world has seen thousands of people flee the country in massive caravans; an increase of political repression and violence. Conditions for political prisoners such as Edwin Espinal and Raúl Álvarez are deteriorating and impunity to which the relatives of the victims and the victims of government violence have been subjected continues. The Honduran regime, supported by the governments of the United States and Canada, has targeted journalists, human rights, defenders and activists, who are arrested weekly.
In 2019, a broad coalition of Honduran political and religious groups, supported by human rights organizations, indigenous people, farmers, lgbtq community and student organizations, has been created to oppose the continuation of dictatorship. More than ever, international solidarity is necessary to support the Honduran people’s struggle for liberation.
For more info visit https://afgj.org/
End the Sanctions against Venezuela – March 2019 Delegation
- January 3-13, 2019 Food Sovereignty and Agroecology Delegation to Nicaragua
- July 23 – 30, 2018 African Awareness Association Inc.’s Annual ‘Black History Educational & Cultural Tour’ from Guantanamo to Santiago to Havana, Cuba
- April 8- 15, 2018 Human Rights Delegation to Honduras
- May 19-29 2018 Peacemakers Delegation to Colombia with AfGJ
- Aug 4-14, 2017: Paraguay: Land of Inequality and Food Security
- March 10-20, 2017: Why is the US Building Prisons in Mexico?
- February 17-26, 2017 Honduras & Nicaragua: Compare & Contrast
- Sept 29-Oct 5 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment: Stand with Peace in Colombia!
- May 22- June 1 Colombia: Delegation of Accompaniment in Support of Colombia’s Peace Process
- June 20-July 1 Nicaragua: Food and Sovereignty and Agroeology. Co Sponsored by AFGJ.
- June 27-July 6 Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment for Communities in Struggle
- April 8-17 Venezuela: A Revolution Worth Our Solidarity
- April 11-18, 2015: Cuba: Meet with Colombian Peace Negotiators in Havana, Cuba
- July 22-Aug 1, 2015: Bi-National Delegation: Honduras and Nicaragua
- December 3 – 13, 2014: Peru: Ecology and Climate Justice
- November 8 – 16, 2014: Honduras: Community-led Development vs. Top-down Development
- August 3 – 12, 2014: Nicaragua: Climate Change
- June 22 – July 1, 2014: Honduras: Human Rights Accompaniment
- March 15 -25th, 2014: Nicaragua Indigenous Rights Delegation
- June 10 – 21st, 2013: Climate Change Delegation to Nicaragua.
- November 17 – 26th, 2013: Election Monitoring Delegation to Honduras
- March 22 – April 1, 2013: Delegation to Colombia, Hosted by the Marcha Patriótica, FENSUAGRO and Lazos de Dignidad