1. Tax reform and budget bills before National Assembly 2. Conservative forces in European Parliament pass resolution condemning Nicaragua 3. Ortega says OAS Democratic Charter is dead after Honduran elections 4. Hotel in Solentiname taken from Ernesto Cardenal’s group 5. Free Trade Zones report 6. Grant Gallup dies
1. Committee approves bill to benefit micro-finance debtors 3. Yota wins telephone contract 3. Bishop Mata mediates another attempt at Liberal unity 4. Civil society groups call for tax reform 5. Government finances businesses and employment in San Juan de Limay 6. Two children die of hemorrhagic dengue as toll reaches eight
1. “No Pay” Movement blamed for Nicaraguan credit crisis 2. Honduran coup freezes Central American trade; Halleslevens says no troop movements 3. Nicaragua-US diplomatic and military relations move forward 4. Awas Tigni leaders clarify land sale accusation 5. Construction of 1,450 “Houses for the People” advances 6. Meeting in Matagalpa on legalization of therapeutic abortion
1. Ortega criticizes Bishop Albelardo Mata for intervening in politics 2. NDI trains young political leaders; FSLN absent 3. IMF announces a “preliminary accord” with Nicaragua; budget and tax reform talks continue 4. United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food says he was misquoted 5. Ortega: “We have no more problems with the…
1. Important agricultural areas affected by El Niño; UN official says Nicaragua is vulnerable 2. Preparations underway for Atlantic Coast elections in March 2010 3. Nicaraguan Army celebrates 30th anniversary of its founding 4. Human Rights Ombudsman pledges support for LGBT community 5. Miguel D’Escoto’s term at UN ends To Read More Click Here
1. Consultations on tax reform: “Those who have more should pay more.” 2. Debtors in north demand moratorium 3. National Police honored on the 30th anniversary of its founding 4. Public Defender announces increased support for women victims of violence. 5. UN recognizes advances against hunger To read more, go here.